[Chester LUG] Try that again

George george at goatadsl.co.uk
Fri Aug 31 19:52:43 UTC 2007

Stuart Burns wrote:
> Now we all realise the value of this. Old computers would become super
> fast again, and their life prolonged, and new ones would be insanely fast.

You couldn't really use this to prolong the life of existing computers,
it would almost certainly need an OS update and most people only do this
when replacing the hardware. But I'm just being picky...

> However would you let MS use the technology, lock it into their systems
> and become a very rich person indeed or would you just GPL it and make
> linux become light years ahead of Windows, but be a poor person ?

I would give it to MS because in the UK at least there is no concept of
software patents. This would mean I got the cash in the bank and someone
else would be free to reverse engineer it for the benefit of OS
software. Of course the poor people of the United States would be out of
  luck but I think I could live with that...

Of course this is all academic, a hit man from Intel would kill you
before you had chance to make use of the idea :)

George