[Chester LUG] SATA RAID - Re: Good Morning

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 9 23:25:52 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 09:12 +0000, Simon Willett wrote:
> Good morning everyone,

Good evening Simon,

> Just wondered if anyone has any ideas for a cheap SATA RAID card which I can put into a linux server I am building?

Cheap RAID cards have serious drawbacks (imho). Better to go
software raid, from a known (documented) config on a non-RAID
/boot & / partition, so if you lose not just a disk, but
the RAID card, you can be back up again easily.

If others have thoughts on this, I'd be interested to hear.

 - Richard