[Chester LUG] FTP Appliances

Stuart Burns stuart.james.burns at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 09:08:52 UTC 2007

George you grossly overestimate my programing ability.

10 PRINT "HELLO
20 GOTO 10

is about my limit.

I'd love to deploy a linux machine, because for starts on cost basis alone a
W2K3 licence is over £400 and the server only cost £190 brand new from Dell
with our discount (Ok so its not RAID but its not needed here really). Then
EFTP (Windows only at another £1000ish).

Windows licencing gets expensive, quickly!

On a seperate note this Accellion, whats the odds is BSD based ? ;)

Once we do have something in place though George, its gonna be BOFH time
because its going to be 5MB limits! I can see the tears and tantrums now :)