[Chester LUG] Would you consider a Macbook?

Tim White darkstar01uk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 5 12:45:47 UTC 2007

Macbooks are very nice and sexy, I've used one a bit,
but I don't think you get much spec for your money and
parts are dear if it goes wrong. I'd get one if
someone else was paying...

Would you consider buying a refurb/second/end-of-line
model? I got a Dell (cosmetic second, just a small
scratch on the lid) from www.itcsales.co.uk and got a
good service and good price - over £100 off list.
It runs PCLinuxOS at the moment with no problems, I'm
sure "the other OS" would work in VMware or Qemu if
you must, or dual boot - do you mean Ubuntu? ;-))

Tim