[Chester LUG] Ubuntu DVD playback

M. Crilly e-mail at mcrilly.co.uk
Fri Apr 25 22:38:21 UTC 2008

Hi,

    So I decided to give Ubuntu a try (the latest release, of course)
and yes, it's nice. I like the fact it uses FF3-beta, for one. However,
I have a headache from trying to get DVD playback working. I've
installed the restricted media repository, libdvdcss, mplayer, gxine,
the lot... Totem can now play wmv's (that's my porn sorted), AVIs and
even videos from YouTube using the YouTube plugin... but not DVDs.

Any help would be great. I've read a lot of guides on the 'net, to no avail.

- mc