[Chester LUG] Stallman Talk

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Wed May 7 07:03:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 10:22 +0100, Simon Willett wrote:
> I ended up dipping out in the end.
>
> Sounds like you enjoyed the beer more than the talk? :)

The essence of the talk was the same as one I heard in Wales
five years ago, but with lots of contemporary political concerns
thrown in.
However it was the length of the question time afterwards,
and the obtuseness of the questioners, combined with the
heat and closeness of the room, that led to beer being
something of a priority towards the end of the evening ;^)

I'd always recommend going to Stallman's talks to anyone,
whether they agree with software freedom or not. They
provoke valuable debate, and his talk on software patents
(not given last week) is particularly well-argued.

 - Richard