[Chester LUG] Stallman Talk

David Holden dh at iucr.org
Wed May 7 07:29:23 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 07 May 2008, Richard Smedley wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 10:22 +0100, Simon Willett wrote:
> > I ended up dipping out in the end.
> >
> > Sounds like you enjoyed the beer more than the talk? :)
>
> The essence of the talk was the same as one I heard in Wales
> five years ago, but with lots of contemporary political concerns
> thrown in.
> However it was the length of the question time afterwards,
> and the obtuseness of the questioners, combined with the
> heat and closeness of the room, that led to beer being
> something of a priority towards the end of the evening ;^)
>
> I'd always recommend going to Stallman's talks to anyone,
> whether they agree with software freedom or not. They
> provoke valuable debate, and his talk on software patents
> (not given last week) is particularly well-argued.
>
>  - Richard

I will add he was in a particularly good mood here, I've seen him give talks
where you really need balls of still to ask a question for fear of getting
you head bitten off..

 Dave.

--
Dr. David Holden.

See: <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>
regarding Word or PowerPoint. GPG key available on request.