[Chester LUG] Chester LUG new user

Ben Arnold iamseawolf at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 09:35:12 UTC 2009

>> On Sunday 26 Apr 2009, Richard Naylor wrote:
>> > Hi Chester LUG
>> > I have just started using Linux and feel I really could do with joining a
>> > User Group, I want to get to grips with this system and know I will need
>> > pointing in the right direction at this time.

>> > My main
>> > needs apart from exploring Linux are for digital photography, music,
>> > podcasts (I have an iPod) and internet and email etc

Welcome Richard! Thanks for joining.

There's a good lot of tutorials out there, varying in quality and
quantity it has to be said, but generally GIYF!
I think our members have experience in various areas and to various
levels, we've a couple with audio/video interests so they should just
about cobble some sense together (:

It's a shame you can't make Thursdays but paths may cross at some point!

2009/4/27 Paul Williams <wilp4a at hotmail.co.uk>:
> Not sure if this is any use to you, but the latest version of Ubuntu came
> out last week.  Just download and burn the ISO to disc in the normal way.  I
> hear that they've added more hardware compatability and this might (big
> might here!) solve your issues.
>
> I use ubuntu and find that more stuff works with each new version.

Further to Paul's point, have you tried other non-Deb/Ubu-ish distros?
Just caught my eye that Suse was okay and I've never had hardware
troubles with Fedora though my setup is far from esoteric!

Ben

--
|           Ben  Arnold           |
|    e-mail / msn / icq / web     |