[Chester LUG] Chester LUG new user

Paul Williams wilp4a at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Apr 29 13:40:23 UTC 2009

My machine has a VGA port on the graphics card (nvidia) and on the main machine.  I used to find that ubuntu could handle the normal vga but had problems with the nvidia card until the drivers were in place.  If you can bypass your card until you've installed, then click on the restricted drivers icon near the top, install the drivers then reconnect the card, it might make a difference.  It might not, but then again it might.