[Chester LUG] A warning

Stuart Burns stuart.james.burns at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 13:32:52 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone,

I thought I best post this as a warning. I was working at home this morning
and my IT gear went off with a huge bang. Apart from almost messing my
trousers, my second thought was crap, all this gear has just blown up. Bin
material!

So after the electrician sorted the issue, I was very worried about the kit.
Thankfully it worked, save for a fsck but if it didn't, odds on it would
have been saved by a RCD circuit protector. They are dirt cheap and it can
save all your expensive kit. If off to buy one in a minute.

If you haven't got one, just buy one already!