[Chester LUG] PCI Graphics card wanted :)

Ben Arnold iamseawolf at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 18:33:06 UTC 2009

Hi all --

Don't suppose anyone has a PCI (notice the lack of an 'E': not PCI Express)
graphics card knocking around I could tempt off their hands?

I'd love anything from a GeForce 2/3 256MB kinda level, nothing special, just
to make OpenArena a little more playable than 2 seconds per frames (yes,
that's the right way round). Not fussed if it's nVidia, ATi or whatever. Of
course, I'd be happy to pay for it, as long as it's cheaper than £40 because I
can get a 512MB 8400 for that!

Dell very helpfully didn't put in a motherboard with AGP, so I'm stuck with
8MB on-board graphics! Yes, I've got a gig and a half RAM in there with it
but, needless to say, it's still nothing short of abysmal!

Thanks all,

Ben :)