[Chester LUG] Tech Talk

Ben Arnold iamseawolf at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 16:03:57 UTC 2009

Luggers --

WRT the tech talk/demo, it occurs that the subject of the last one may be a
bit out of reach for Joe User so I thought that practical real-
lifeā„¢demonstrations would worth a shot.

For the sake of keeping things going right, I reckon some could stick to
showing fairly straightforward things like installing a different desktop and
feeling your way around (showing equivalent GTK, QT, E17 whatever apps),
getting VirtualBox up and explaining it a bit (showcase/test distros?),
backing up a Windows box over a network etc. or generally accessing network
resources...

While I do think that some complicated stuff should show the power (tempted
with another ā„¢) those that walk through the door might want stuff that is
actually *useful*. Also, with this kind of subject, pretty much anyone in the
group could demo something if they had time to prep but crucially could
understand what was going on to explain it later or help someone that might be
thinking about doing it themselves.

What ya think?

Ben