[Chester LUG] A question re OS updates.

Paul Williams wilp4a at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Mar 6 20:13:52 UTC 2009

If its GPL2, it should include source codes for the updates, but that (I think) is the bare minimum that they are obliged to do.

Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 20:03:00 +0000
From: stuart.james.burns at gmail.com
To: chester at mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: [Chester LUG] A question re OS updates.

At the moment, I am trying to get Oracle Unbreakable linux working. Apart from them being a bit silly in zipping up ISOs (I kid you not!) the major issue is updates. We do have a CSI login at work (A oracle support licence) but I thought anyone who distributed GPL stuff was obliged to allow you updates, ie get the packages up2date would otherwise install? Can anyone help me here. I am beginning to really really hate Oracle already.

Any thoughts appreciated.