[Chester LUG] Career change

Paul Williams wilp4a at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Mar 24 18:25:13 UTC 2009

I have been advised to leave teaching.

The fact is that I cost too much.  My salary is protected by law, so I can't lower it.  Problem is there is nothing to force schools to consider employing me despite the cost.

I cost about £10k more than a newly qualified teacher.  So I'm not getting a look in.

A school can employ me, or a NQT and a teaching assistant.

So...  Career change time.

Does anyone know of any entry level jobs in IT for someone with 10 years experience (user rather than job related) using computers, with a degree, but no IT qualifications other than ECDL?

Cheers

Paul