[Chester LUG] Install Fest

Les Pritchard les.pritchard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 09:41:42 UTC 2009

Hi all,

The idea of running an Install Fest has been mentioned a couple of times at
the LUG (including last night).  I think it could be a great idea to hold
something where we can demo Linux to people and between us I'm sure we have
enough laptops running completely different versions / looks to please most
people!

As I'm on the local BCS committee I've put forward the idea of them
sponsoring (i.e. proving some food!) and promoting the event for us.  I
suspect the University could be a good venue for this.  So could I get some
feedback from people who'd like to help out on the day and maybe do some
demos?

Talking about it at the social last night I wondered if it would be worth
hanging on for the latest Ubuntu to see if we could get some freebie disks
from them.

Les