[Chester LUG] Install Fest

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 27 11:51:25 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 09:41 +0000, Les Pritchard wrote:

> The idea of running an Install Fest has been mentioned a couple of
> times at the LUG (including last night).  I think it could be a great
> idea to hold something where we can demo Linux to people and between
> us I'm sure we have enough laptops running completely different
> versions / looks to please most people!

Happy coincidence :-)  we've just been discussing something
similar at Liverpool LUG. Specifically, an afternoon of
Netbook installs, as there are a lot of new GNU/Linux users
thanks to Netbooks, and many are curious about Ubuntu netbook
re-mix & all the rest, but would like a friendly face to
walk them through it :-)

 - Richard

--
Richard Smedley                              PRINCE2 Project Management
                                              Sustainable 3rd Sector IT