[Chester LUG] At last I'm getting some ware

Richard Naylor uncledikki at googlemail.com
Sat May 2 20:11:06 UTC 2009

Hi All
Now I have an Ubuntu installation up and working thanks for the help and
friendly introduction to the group. I down loaded version 9.04 in both 32
and 64 bit and tried an install with the 32 bit which was successful after a
time. Compared to Suse, Ubuntu is very slow but it worked, but I had gone
back through the option pages and then did not change the HD from sda to sdb
so it installed on the same drive as Suse, which I did not discover for a
couple of days. any way I have reinstalled it on sdb and started to explore
and set things up.
Of course the fun starts here with a learning curve that is vertical and a
thousands new question. So it is a shame that I can not attend meetings
untill June some time when Italian ends.
Just a couple for now, one, although I have deleated the first insall on
drive sda there is still the opption to boot it in the boot manager, and for
tidyness I would like to lose it.
Two, I want to get to grips with using Rythumbox  or Amarok To manage
downloading podcasts and accessing music on the web, does any one use
Last.fm I'm having trouble with understanding how it works in Rytnumbox or
Amarok!

Thanks again
Richard.

--