[Chester LUG] LUG Updates

Les Pritchard les at chesterlug.org.uk
Wed Oct 14 22:35:09 UTC 2009

Hi all,
A few things to mention, so here goes...

1. Tech Meet
I've managed to book a room at the Uni for the last Thursday of this month
(29th) so we can have a tech meet instead of the regular pub meet.  I hope
everyone is happy with that.  We've got a few topics already, but any other
ideas you have please let me know.

2. O'Reilly books
Like some other LUGs I've managed to register the Chester LUG with the
O'Reilly user group programme.  This enables us to request review copies of
books providing we publish our reviews on public sites / blogs.  A review
section to the site maybe?!  The more useful benefit to us all is that we
can get 35% discount on ALL O'Reilly books plus free postage.  I'll bring
along the info at the next meet, but please give me a shout if you want to
buy anything sooner.

3. Day trip :-)
We've mentioned the idea of organising LUG trips and the other night I saw
the national computing museum at Bletchley Park on the tv.  It's still in
the early stages of being set up, but I just wondered if anyone else fancied
a trip to Bletchley Park as there's plenty of other things to see.  I've
checked the trains and it only takes 1hr 40 to get down there, so it's
easily doable without making it a very long day.  I'm thinking a Saturday
for this.

Please let me know your thoughts / feedback to any of the above.

Les