[Chester LUG] Liverpool Linux User Group Meeting - 4th Nov 2009

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Thu Oct 29 09:51:28 UTC 2009

Sorry if you've received this announcement multiple times, it is being distributed to numerous
mailing lists.

---

Date Wed November 4th, 2009 from 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Location: Liverpool Social Centre, 96 Bold Street, Liverpool, England L1 4HY
Speaker: Simon Johnson, and Andrew Williams

Liverpool Linux User Group are a group of Linux and open source software users that meet on the
first Wednesday of the month. If no talk is organised then we will usually organise a “open stage”
for people to discuss projects, current news, or just to rant.

Main Talk
This month, depending on the time, we may have two talks.

Simon Johnson will be giving his flying talk on building computers from scratch, from the logic gates
upwards.

In addition, Andrew Williams will be giving a quick talk on contributing to open source projects, what
are the pitfalls and why even non-programmers should give their time to a project.

Open Stage
As per usual, time will be allocated to the end of the talk for anyone to give a five minute talk
on any subject. If you want some time just drop me a mail or grab me on the day.

Doors are usually open before 7:00pm if people want to meet up in the centre,  The Liverpool
Social Centre is two doors up from Forbidden Planet and is the right-hand door at the front of
“News From Nowhere”. Check the window for a handy Liverpool LUG sign, which will indicate we are
there and not still at the pub. Press the white doorbell for access (the one marked basement) and
someone will come up and open the door for you.

This month we're sharing the location with a book group, so be aware if someone strange opens the
door for you. Ask for the Linux group and you should be OK.

After any talks are finished will usually stay in the meeting area until 8:00pm then head out to a
local pub, The pub varies from month to month and usually depends on the size of the crowd. If you
arrive late and unsure of where we are then give one of the contacts a ring.

Website: http://livlug.org.uk/
Meeting Details: http://livlug.org.uk/meetings:2009_november
Upcoming: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/4809847
Geekery.in: http://www.geekery.in/liverpool/events/2009/11/04/liverpool-linux-user-group-meeting