[Chester LUG] HD TV/Monitor

Roger Gibson rcgibson at talktalk.net
Mon Aug 15 18:14:25 UTC 2011

I'm minded to buy an HD TV, now that digital has arrived in South
Cheshire.  I could also do with a monitor in the same room to make
working with a laptop more congenial.  Is there any merit in using the
same screen for both, or is it a bit too much phaphing around, and you
get the worst of both.  Any comments, experience etc most welcome - Roger.

PS  I could not work out why I continued to get analogue TV after the
recent Digital switch over, but then realised that once the Wrekin had
closed down, my tele homed in on Sutton Coldfield.  Birmingham has yet
to switch.