[Chester LUG] HD TV/Monitor

Marcus Jones marcus.jones.wxm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 18:50:39 UTC 2011

Hi Roger,

Almost all decent LCD / Plasma monitors have a VGA input as standard.
You'll be hard pressed to find one that isn't. Having a PC input
doesn't instantly make a TV set sub standard in some way.

The only thing you'll struggle with is aspect ratio. Unless your
laptop has a widescreen display, you may find yourself with a strange
sized desktop on your TV. That said, it's never been a major problem
for me personally. Just play around with the resolution until you find
one that suits both.

Just buy the best model you can afford. If this is to be your main TV
set as well, try and get one with a true HD panel.

Cheers

Marcus