[Chester LUG] ISCSI boxes

Les Pritchard les.pritchard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 18:58:50 UTC 2011

Ah yes, now I remember!

I've double checked and the community edition does offer iSCSI (and fibre if
you wish!). A quick look online I see a few results showing Nexenta is
faster than OpenFiler on the iSCSI. After all it is ZFS under the hood, so
it's professional level from the ground up.

Nexenta (and any ZFS based systems) recommend you don't use hardware raid so
you won't be missing anything by not having a card.