[Chester LUG] ISCSI boxes

Thomas Prophett thomas at thomasprophett.co.uk
Sun Aug 28 22:29:04 UTC 2011

Hi Stuart,

I'm using the community edition of nexentastor 3.1.1 & its currently
connected to a ESXi cluster via iSCSI. The "community" edition has a few
limitations around iSCSI but it works fine for a Lab.

In theory you should see adequate read performance with 8GB ram coupled with
the zfs adaptive read cache.

I guess just try it and see, load 3.1.1 & bonnie.

All the best,

Thomas.