[Chester LUG] VMware Show and tell

Sebastian Arcus shop at open-t.co.uk
Fri Dec 7 09:53:46 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've been using Thunderbird IMAP (not with Google mail) for about 4
years now. Wouldn't comparing the number of emails present in the TB
inbox with the ones in the Google inbox be a sufficient indication that
the sync has finished? Also, are you using cached copies or not? If you
don't absolutely need that feature, I would turn it off ("keep messages
for this account on this computer", under "Syncronization and storage"
in the account settings in TB). It will slow down the sync process
considerably - as it downloads all the messages in their entirety.
Without it - the syncing of the account should last few minutes max - as
it only syncs the headers.

Hope the above helps,

Sebastian

Linux vehicle CCTV - www.open-t.co.uk/iroko