[Chester LUG] Oggcamp 2012

Dan Lynch dan at danlynch.org
Wed Jul 4 14:30:33 UTC 2012

Hi Folks,

Just a quick reminder in case I haven't bugged you enough already. We're
running OggCamp <http://oggcamp.org> in Liverpool again this year. The
biggest Free Software and Free Culture event in the UK. It's 2 days of
talks, workshops, parties, hands on hacking sessions and more. It's all
free (as in beer) and you can sign up via Eventbrite. More details at -
http://oggcamp.org

Mark the date in your diary: *August 18th & 19th 2012* @ *LJMU Art & Design
Academy*, Liverpool City Centre. It runs 10am - 5pm each day with social
events in the evenings.

There's 5 tracks this time. One scheduled speaker track, 3 barcamp tracks
and our Open Hardware Jam room where we'll be joined by some of the best
hackers and projects around: Raspberry Pi, Fignition, Arduino, ColorHug and
RepRap to mention just a few. Pitch a talk or session for the barcamp and
share something you think others may find interesting. The schedule is
finalised on the weekend by our wonderful Free (as in Freedom, it's GPL)
CampFire Manager software. Attendees can vote via the web or text message
and we put the most popular talks in the biggest rooms. It's not just about
source code and circuit boards, though those are important. We also have
art, music, animation, politics, economics, open data and almost anything
you could want to know about. The overall rule is that knowledge should be
shared, that way everyone can benefit.

I think that's enough hard sell. If you have a project you'd like to
exhibit, or just just have some pressing questions about the event, please
drop me an email.

We're kindly supported this time by the wonderful *Open Labs @
LJMU<http://www.ljmu.ac.uk/aps/OpenLabs/>
* and *Bytemark Web Hosting <http://www.bytemark.co.uk/>*.

Hope to see many of you there, if you haven't signed up yet, do it now and
please tell friends.

Thanks,

Dan
dan at danlynch.org