[Chester LUG] LUG social - this Thursday

Les Pritchard les.pritchard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 16:05:18 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I've been looking at a few venues and following on from Stuart's suggestion
to look outside the centre, I've found a pub near me with a friendly
landlord! It doesn't have a private room, but he's more than willing to set
us up with an area on the side. The pub also has wifi and serves food.

It was nice to get such a positive response from a pub after some of the
places we've been, so I'd like to give it a go. Now I realise it's not the
end of the month yet, but I'm booked up next Thursday, so I'd like to
suggest we meet this Thursday to try the new venue.

The pub is the Rake & Pikel (www.rakeandpikel.co.uk), on Chester Road,
Huntington, CH3 6BS. There's parking just outside.

I've also found a hall just down the road that we could potentially hire
for talks, so some months we could meet at the hall then move on to the pub
after.

If you're planning on coming, please let me know so I can give them an idea
of numbers for our first meet.

Thanks

Les