[Chester LUG] Tech meet

Les Pritchard les.pritchard at gmail.com
Tue May 7 15:33:28 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I hope you're enjoying the sunny weather!

On Friday I met up with Steve to discuss the tech meet we've been planning.
As you know, the venue was always been a challenge for this event. Steve
has kindly offered to host the event in the building his office is located
in. There is a good sized reception that we can all fit in, with enough
space for a presentation and event break-outs.

The only thing lacking is chairs, so Steve has come up with a suggestion I
think sounds very hacker space like - "Bring a chair". So our first "Bring
a chair tech meet" will be on Thursday 6th June. Bring along a deck chair
or anything else you are happy sitting on for the evening and the rest will
be provided!

I'm going to do a talk and demo on Chromebooks and FreeNAS. The idea of
lightening talks is a good one, they always work well and don't put too
much pressure on. So come with any topics you'd like to discuss and it
should be a good evening.

Les