[Chester LUG] Asus X102BA Touchscreen Netbook on Linux and Windoze 7

Roger Gibson roger at rcgibson.plus.com
Fri Feb 7 17:42:22 UTC 2014

My Samsung NF 110 has intermittent problems sometimes when booting up
(screen scrambles).  PC World (Knowhow) have given up trying to fix it
and offering me choice of what is equivalent out there as Samsung is now
obsolete.  Attractive are the ASUS X102BA Touchscreen Netbook and the HP
Pavilion TouchSmart 10-e011sa.

However when I ask about multibooting with Linux and Windoze 7, neithewr
PC World, nor ASUS/HP seem able to help.

Looking through the blogs, I spotted 'Paul of Meols' who seems happy
with his ASUS X102BA now he has loaded Linux.  Is this our Paul Williams?

I would be grateful for any comments anyone has about these or any other
10.1" notebooks, (Chrome etc is no good as my Broadband is pathetic when
working, and prone to problems, and anyway, I don't trust it!),
especially Paul if he has one.

I've never tried multibooting on EFI or fastboot.  Have any issues been
sorted now.  What about drivers?

Any help or recommendations gratefully received.  Roger Gibson.

-----
No virus found in this message.