[Chester LUG] Ordering from OVH.co.uk

Les Pritchard les.pritchard at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 09:21:00 UTC 2015

I've heard of this, but I didn't have to go through this. It might have
been before they started, but I suspect it was probably because my business
is the customer, rather than me. It's far easier to ID a company through
public registers (Companies House, DUNS etc).

>From my dealings with them, I have the impression they are very much
business focussed. The concern with individuals spinning up cheap VPSs is
that they will be used as seed boxes or other bandwidth hogging systems.
They're very keen on quality of service so would probably prefer this kind
of work goes to people like DigitalOcean. DO do a great job, so it sounds
like it will probably be a lot less friction to go with them. I have a $10
credit code somewhere if you're going with DO.

Les