[Colchester] Compuserve and the Internet

Toby Whaymand toby.whaymand at ntlworld.com
Sat Jun 14 17:44:06 BST 2008

Hi Wayland (again)

I never knew that Compuserve went back into the 1980's!

To be honest I have had the same concerns people are know longer using the internet to learn and discover new things and see new sight, which make the internet so amazing...

Sadly instead people are just going on-line to go to websites like Facebook, MySpace and then simply logging  off.

The internet use to be a vibrant place to learn, a place of discovery, which it still is but sadly it is losing out because people are limiting themselves to social networking sites....

I also think it sad that great website like Active World limit themselves to the Windows Operating System.  Active World one of the jewels of free software only runs on Windows - that is just ironic...