[Colchester] [root at colchester-lug ~]# shutdown -r now

Wayland Sothcott wayland at sothcott.co.uk
Wed Jul 31 08:15:41 UTC 2013

On 30/07/2013 23:23, Ian Snow wrote:
> On Monday 29 Jul 2013 22:30:00 Wayland Sothcott wrote:
>> On 29/07/2013 22:24, Ian Snow wrote:
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> Subject sort of says it all really, if you're not sure just lookup the
>>> manual for shutdown, we are all linux users after all
>>>
>>> Yeah so http://www.colchester.lug.org.uk/ has dissolved into the ether,
>>> although interestingly now powered by ISPConfig, something I've been using
>>> at work for over a year.
>>>
>>> How about we see what we can get started in August?
>>>
>>> Ian

>> Hello Ian,
>>
>> Sorry it's on my server and I built a new one and forgot to transfer the
>> old website.
>> Perhaps if I give you the virtual server admin you can stick a site on
>> there? It's just a standard LAMP server based on Debian. Howvere the
>> hardware is a bit better than it was. A lot quicker.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Wayland.
> Hi Wayland
>
> Not fussed that the old site is gone, if it was from what I remember as the
> hideous black and white mess that partially required flash.
>
> Yeah I could stick a new site on the server for colchester lug, part of my
> plan is to reboot the lug as I see too many tumble weeds rolling by, yet I
> will need somebody else to help with the content
>
> Ian

Hello Ian,

Well that's two of us in the LUG.

I would say we could generate a lot of interest if we become a resource
for the Raspberry PI. I know it's jumping on the bandwagon but it's the
most exciting thing happening for Linux users for ages. I have a PI
which I am doing a commercial project for a customer. I know people in
the area who are tinkering with the PI who might well join.

I may be able to find someone who will become a member and help run the
website. We could use Joomla to make it easier for non-webbies to insert
content. What are your thoughts?
I will email you the web server login off list.

Regards,
Wayland.

--

Mobile: 07925 431381