[Colchester] The state of OpenSUSE

James Pain jamesepain at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 21:23:14 UTC 2018

Looking for anyone with experience of using OpenSUSE to share their
opinions of it; especially why they chose it.

About 15 years ago, in an electronics class, a knowledgable looking fellow
(judged by beard length alone) gave me about 4 CD’s with a green charmilion
on and the strange phrase OpenSUSE. This was my only interaction with the
distro.

Always been fascinated by why he thought it was THE distro to beat distros,
in terms of desktop/ casual end user use. All I know about it is that it’s
German...I think.

Let me know your thoughts in terms of community, support, updates, and
development.
--
Thanks,
James Pain