[Colchester] What rig are you running?

Wayland Sothcott wayland at sothcott.co.uk
Sun Aug 11 21:29:30 UTC 2019

I'm assuming Linux but you might be on Windows. Here's mine

RYZEN 5 1700
16GB RAM
240 NVMe SSD
480 SATA SSD
VEGA 56 GPU
ASUS 1920x1080 23"
Dell keyboard and mouse

OS Linux Mint 19
VirtualBox Windows 7 and Windows XP
Steam and various games under Proton

Internet ASUS router with Virgin in Modem Mode, 200meg/20meg
Speedtest.net
Gotta love that ping :D
'spozd to be 200 down but wrong time at night.

I'm really very comfortable on this system and have been getting loads
of work done including work on MS Access in Windows 7 VM.
It's actually pretty good at gaming but I have more enjoyment making the
games work than playing them.

The trick with this system was building it all on NVMe then 'fstab'ing
/home onto the bigger SSD. Those games and VMs take up a lot of space.

I do have some computer parts left over from this build like
motherboards and RAM and decent GPUs. Good price to a LUG member. PM me.

Wayland.