[Colchester] What rig are you running?

Martyn mail at martynfletcher.co.uk
Tue Aug 13 20:57:04 UTC 2019

You're "comfortable" with 130Mbps download? If I had that speed I'd have
to have a pile of tissues on my desk.

Because I'd be crying with joy, not what you dirty minds thought. ;)

My system is 14 years old, probably longer. I've been at this address
for that long and brought it with me,only one upgrade in that time.
I was in a position to get one of the very first AMD FX 8350 8core 4ghz
CPU's in 2011. They didn't go retail for another 10 months. Still got it
now. 8)))

The rest of my kit is pretty lo-tech, 16gig ram, nVidia 560Ti 1gig,
onboard realtek sound, DvD, 4 speakers and woofer.
It does me for my business, games and linux fun. Oh! Currently running
Opensuse for the Plasma desktop since Mint dropped it. Thought I'd miss
apt (get) but zypper and YAST absolutely ROCK.

I was with mint from day one and I had Manjaro from day one too.

We shall see.

Keep in touch guys.

Martyn