[Colchester] What rig are you running?

Wayland Sothcott wayland at sothcott.co.uk
Tue Aug 13 21:52:01 UTC 2019

i was very keen on Mandrake back in the days I was running Pentium III
with 256MB of RAM and a 20GB HDD.

If you're interested in an upgrade I do have a couple of AMD R9 290
GPUs. These really are powerful but also power hungry. I have one on a
system with a 350 watt PSU but I suspect it will crash if the card ever
wants to run at full speed. I'm building it now and I have yet to try it.

Those FX processors are pretty powerful. I upgraded a PC with an Athlon
by plugging in one of those, totally transformed it from too slow to use
to looking for something difficult for it to do.