[Deaf-lug] Linux Virgin

andrew arthur andrew.arthur at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 08:57:19 GMT 2007

Yep, that's me. I have been meaning to get more involved with Linux for some
years but my early attempts at installing it went badly wrong and I lost
interest.
 I am now installing Linux on my spare machine, an Athlon 1Gb job running in
an Asrock K7NF2 board with an AGP graphics card and it also has a built in
network and sound card.
 I have tried Ubuntu but it will not load. I don't know enough about it to
figure out why but the support forum mentions a bug that affects some
machines. ie. me.

Now loading Debian 3.1. First I got the minimal CD and tried that but it
will not detect the onboard network card so it can't download from the
Internet. Again I don't know enough to fix it so now I am downloading the
full Debian CD set and burning CD's from them. I am up to CD4 at the moment
so I will try and install the Desktop and get something started.

Comments most welcome. Take me away from all this!

--
Andy