[Deaf-lug] Ubuntu keeps shutting down

Dafydd Eveleigh develeigh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 09:46:31 GMT 2007

Hi,

Hope you can help.

My Ubuntu keeps shutting down all the time. I can't see any error messages
and there doesn't seem to be any particular event that seems to be making it
shut down.

I will be doing different things everytime so appears to be completely
random!!!

What it has shut down it won't start up again. I have to go into Ubuntu
Recovery and type the following

'shutdown -r 0'

to shut down properly. This doesn't always work first time and may need to
go through the process a few times.

The only thing that i can see that looks like error messages is:-

killed by signal 15

or

Critical temp reached -264

Thanks in advance for any support you can offer.

Dafydd