[Deaf-lug] Re: Ubuntu keeps shutting down

Dafydd Eveleigh develeigh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 20:04:36 GMT 2007

I have tried to install Ubuntu 6.06 but it keeps crashing during the install
process.

Ubuntu 6.10 installs great but there is a bug.

In the Grub loader I added the following command

acpi=off

and ubuntu stopps crashing but When I go on the internet I have to keep
pressing num lock all the time for the website to load and the same for the
updates.

I am a bit hesitant to install the update because the last time i did it it
messed up the grub loader :-(

So I had to reinstall ubuntu.

:-(

Dafydd