[Deaf-lug] Re: Ubuntu keeps shutting down

Fintan Gaughan fgaughan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 16:43:20 GMT 2007

On 10/02/07, Dafydd Eveleigh <develeigh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I have found the problem.
>
> It would appear the apci has a bug in it from version 6.10
>
> The following forum
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=263487&page=2&highlight=Critical+temperature+reached
>
> shows there is a bug :-(
>
> so I need to install the acpi patch listed in post number 12 in the
> following page
>
> http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=75227&page=2
>
> Now I am lost. Because the instructions given are for suspense2 (What ever
> that is)
>
> I am not sure how to install the patch as I find the instructions confusing
> :-(
>
> Can anybody explain the instructions easier please?
>
> Dafydd

Not much help but this is what I would do
only thing is use a slightly older ubuntu till its fixed or you could try
is use a older distro and then
  sudo apt-get update
when that's done then upgrade to a new distro which is
 sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

remember to back up (don't say I didn't warn you)

Regards,
Fintan