[Deaf-lug] Converting DWF files to PDF files

andrew arthur andrew.arthur at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 11:11:53 GMT 2007

The problem is that .pdf is a proprietary format owned by Adobe. They sell
Adobe tools for dealing with it at vat cost but obviously don't support free
applications to do the same job. However they do exist, I have seen one or
two unofficial convertors about and I can only suggest you look in the usual
hacker places.

On 08/11/2007, Fintan Gaughan <fgaughan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any program where I can convert  dwf files into pdf's.
>
> Doing my head in at work opening each file and save to pdf..
> Although I can ssh into my home linux box I wonder if anyone have any
> ideas or do this at home doing it via command line.
> Whats is  your recommendation? I prefer to do it via command line… if
> possible.
>
> Funny thing is they dismiss linux as some sort of virus and they cant
> justify spending x amount of money on a converter programme when I can
> do this all day!
> but its very tedious and I don't want to get  RSI.

Andy