[Deaf-lug] Haiku

Wed Feb 13 18:08:00 GMT 2008

My primary laptop is a Dell Vostro 1500 - it's a very very heavy laptop!

If I'm going to somewhere like a trade show which I am increasingly
likely to do in my job - I'll want something small and light that I
could whip out and make notes and go online/send emails etc. EEEpc fits
there very well. Or for on the plane or other travels (which again I'm
more likely to do soon (although not around the world :-( ) with ripped
movies and so on - the EEEpc is seriously small. Hell you even find them
in Toy'r'us these days now! :-)

Cheap? An EEEpc cost about £200. That's it. Also great for kids if you
want to get them a laptop as an alternative to the OLPC.

As for where do I have the space? That's why most of my systems are
laptops - they're easy to put away. Two are work laptops, one is
wifey's. The server is a Shuttle box (it's quite small and goes under
the TV easily enough) so you don't actually notice much computers in the
house! ;-)