[Deaf-lug] HELP. Can't Login any more

Sun Jan 18 15:40:21 UTC 2009

Bear in mind that Dropbox does say that for the free version, they can yank
it anytime they wish without warning. I only use it as a "flash disk" and
nothing more - ie a nice way of transferring files from my home laptop in
Leeds to the office in London without needing to carry a disk around.

I would never use Dropbox as a backup solution - you are using their
storage. I would rather (and already do) use JungleDisk to backup to my own
storage that I pay for with my own encryption keys on a European based data
center (it's faster transferring to a local server rather than to somewhere
on the other side of USA.

Dropbox have no plan to release a version of a "dropbox server" - the
nearest you can get is Novell's iFolder (which have been around for much
longer than Dropbox...both does the same thing essentially really, just
Dropbox make use of cloud computing whereas iFolder doesn't (you run the
server yourself).