[Deaf-lug] newbie here

Andy Hearn cuvierster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 10:18:55 UTC 2012

Silly me - MythTv on its own doesn't need X11, but the webbrowsers and so
on do obviously.  OpenGLES support for MythTv provided by Mesa, apparently.

On Jun 12, 2012 11:12 AM, "Andy Hearn" <cuvierster at gmail.com> wrote:

My Pi arrived on the 7th, and it is much smaller than expected (or I have
bigger than average hands?!) - anyone else get theirs yet?

Pity that XWindows still doesn't do OpenGLES, doubt we'd have to wait very
long.  The entire gfx subsystem obviously is available in all its glory for
(homewritten) applications not requiring X11, so media-centres with
existing MythTv et al will need to be shelved for a tad while...

Exciting times ahead I repeat!

> > On Apr 1, 2012 11:45 AM, "JGJones (Mailing List)" <
mailinglist at gwallgofi.com> wrote: > > I'm *n...

On 22 March 2012 15:57, Andy Hearn <cuvierster at gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Matt
(and everyone else) > >...
--