[Derry] What wireless kit works with Linux?

rayH ray at engineering-intelligence.co.uk
Wed Jul 14 13:41:54 BST 2004

Hi Pat,

afaik RH9 is a bit old.  It is quite important to be kind of up to date to get wireless stuff working painlessly, esp. if you try  USB devices.  I use SuSE9.1 which seems to recognise the Atmel and Broadcom based kit.

The easiest method (and the only thing that worked for me with earlier kernels) is to use a WAP connected to the Linux box via Ethernet. Most of my kit is Linksys.
Check out:  http://www.sveasoft.com/modules.php?name=SveasoftArticles
http://www.tritium.co.uk/Flatennaroot.htm
http://www.fuw.edu.pl/~pliszka/hints/wireless.html
http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net/news.html