[Derry] DLUG Meetup

Dennis Heaney thevillagetat at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 16:34:45 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Looking to gauge enthusiasm for meeting up this week - Wednesday or
Thursday would suit me.

Quick rundown of what we discussed in the previous meet:

Mir - Canonical's replacement for the X Window system
Graphics Frameworks - we meandered over the differences between programming
with a framework like XNA and something like DirectX. Bottom line - XNA (or
other frameworks like OpenFrameworks and SFML) have a shallower learning
curve.
Qt - I can't remember if we discussed the Qt framework much, but this is an
excellent multi-platform free and open source option for anyone creating
Forms based applications, or even games.

I'll suggest Wednesday/Thursday at 6pm at the Clarendon, let me know what
you all think.

Den

Just Another Tech Geek

twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/DennisHeaney