[dundee] a many different things

Keir Lawson dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Thu Jun 26 16:30:05 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 09:27, Tom Stott wrote:
> Right then, seeming that its 9.14am and my pop3 mailbox is quite loaded
> with tlug stuff, i thought i would add another one...
>
> 1)i cant make it on the "official meeting" as i'll be in stranraer (but
> mark already knows this.
> 2)The socail aspect of tlug is important and the pub is always a good
> place to break the awkwardness of new people (guess its the Stella :))
> 3)I'd like to see something else on Linux gaming (tbh transgaming's site
> is really well documneted for winex) - any other ideas??
I could do something on emulation (console/arcade)

> 4)Pub tonight sounds good but (mark i'll catch u in irc)
> 5)oi harrigan leave us newbs alone - i know where u live and i have a
> big stick, :), i think Andrew and Mark are both correct when it comes to
> content, we need to have a balance of everyone getting something from it
> but not scaring newbs so they dont ask questions for fear of being
> laughed/growled at.... - but some daft questions really can be solved
> with a google or a good book....
> 6)the format of this email sucks - i dont care as im having the telewest
> switched off tomorrow and will be internet less untill BT connect me and
> then i have to wait for 7 days before i can activate the adsl...( and i
> havent had any coffee yet this morning)
> 7)quick question to Duncan and Kier - ermmmm. cant think of a subtle way
> of putting this - is it the folks that are stopping you from going to
> the pub? is it that you just dont want too? is the fact that you dont
> think you'll get in?
it's a bit of all three plus not liking alcohol any way for me.

> , i knwo thats all really blunt but if its the last
> one then it isnt a problem but any of the first two and i'll just shut
> up :)
>
> time for caffeine (it always improves one spelling and formatting!)
>
> Tom

The reason i suggested a Q&A was to break up the endless amount talks.
there are other things we could also do such as "workshops" or "install
nights" as well (im not suggesting this for the next meeting but for
consideration for some time/meeting in the future).  these are just
ideas but continual talks will eventually get real boring.

keir
--
The Proletariat will rise!