[dundee] Meeting

Mark Harrigan dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Sat May 3 09:17:01 2003

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 03:11:15PM +0100, Andrew Clayton wrote:
> Anyways getting back on topic. Some of the more interesting topics I
> could talk about (as opposed to some of the more mundane, blurry eyed
> ones) might be:
>History of Unix/Linux.	Contrary to popular belief, Linux didn't just
> 			burst out of nowhere in 1998 ;)
> and
>
> Whats coming up in the 2.6 kernel.

Ah, very good idea indeed. Would be nice to start at the start in
every sense. I think this should definitely go into the meeting.

I'm going to download some Linux ISO's to have a practice install with
soon, so if anyone has any preference let me know soon. There's a
little voice in the back of my head going "Show them Debian" but it
might scare newbies off, will have a look at the new sarge installer
just in case they've automated X and sound setup a little more.

More ideas for topics are welcome, I'm sure we'll get around to you at
another meeting if we don't manage this time (mwahahahahaa! What do
you mean I left the internal mental dialogue on? Ooops *click*)(1).

Mark

(1) It's Saturday and I've been up since 6:30am. :)