[dundee] Commitee Candidates

Mark Harrigan dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Wed May 14 13:53:00 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 01:36:20PM +0100, Keir Lawson wrote:
> Mark Harrigan wrote:
>
> >I'm starting up the democratic process for TLUG, you've seen the
> >Constitution. Now is time to get nominations for the commitee.
> >
> >If you wish to nominate someone else or yourself please send an e-mail
> >to tlug-nominations@cincout.com.
> >
> >I'll declare the nominations in two weeks and then we can get down to
> >voting. :)
> >

> >Mark
> >

> I take it you don't have to be a linux pro so a newbie such as myself
> could stand for election (he he ive always wanted to stand for election)
>
> what would be the function of this commitee? arranging meetings?

Committee responsibilites are as below (quoted from the constitution),
but basically the committee will run everything relating to the LUG.

   3. Committee

         1. The Committee shall run the society on behalf of the
            members, pursuant to the objectives of this constitution.

         2. Committee decisions shall be decided by way of a majority
            vote.

         3. The quorum for all votes held by the Committee shall be
            three members.

         4. The Committee shall elect a Chairman from amongst its
            members. The Chairman may use his casting vote when a
            Committee Vote is otherwise tied.

         5. The Committee may appoint members of the group to named
            positions (eg. Treasurer, Electoral Officer, etc.) for a
            term of not longer than one year. There is no limit to the
            number of terms that any one person may serve in such a
            role, however.