[dundee] re: Xandros installation complete - some Q's

Paul Mitchell dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Wed May 14 16:11:01 2003

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C319AF.C08C57A0

First, thnx 4 the help at the meeting of the TLUG.=20

Went home, installed V1.0 and it went in like clockwork on a seperate =
partition. Recognised all hardware and installed all the necessary =
drivers from its own database. GUI is cool and I am 100% sold, even =
though I am using the newbie version of Linux.

I have onboard sound and graphics although I have an NVidia graphics =
card installed in an expansion slot. How do I switch so that the =
seperate graphics card kicks in? At present, I have set the onboard =
graphics to draw 8 Megs of RAM but the card runs at 64 Megs. =
Consequently, I would prefer to use the card. I suppose I could up the =
amount of RAM the onboard graphics uses but the card is way better.

I presume setting up the internet connection simply requires me to =
configure Mozilla to my existing settings which I have done many times =
before; e-mail client ditto. How do I create an icon to access the =
e-mail client on the desktop? Or do I simply open Mozilla and navigate =
from there?

BTW, I frequent websites such as blacksun.box.sk, New Order and =
Astalavista. Seems the hacker elite all use Linux or Unix OS's...hmmm...

cheers

Paul

ps Duncan: I was the grey haired newbie sitting down the front if you =
are looking for names.

pps I noticed a biker in the group. What do you ride? I run a Honda =
Hornet a Yam XJ 900 and I have a Bonnie T140E (in bits).
------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C319AF.C08C57A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>First, thnx 4 the help at the meeting =
of the TLUG.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Went home, installed V1.0 and it went =
in like=20
clockwork on a seperate partition. Recognised all hardware and installed =
all the=20
necessary drivers from its own database. GUI is cool and I am 100% sold, =
even=20
though I am using the newbie version of Linux.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have onboard sound and graphics =
although I have=20
an NVidia graphics card installed in an expansion slot. How do I switch =
so that=20
the seperate graphics card kicks in? At present,&nbsp;I have set the =
onboard=20
graphics to draw 8 Megs of RAM but the card runs at 64 Megs. =
Consequently, I=20
would prefer to use the card. I suppose I could up the amount of RAM the =
onboard=20
graphics uses but the card is way better.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I presume setting up the internet =
connection simply=20
requires me to configure Mozilla to my existing settings which I have =
done many=20
times before; e-mail client ditto. How do I create an icon to access the =
e-mail=20
client on the desktop? Or do I simply open Mozilla and navigate from=20
there?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>BTW, I frequent websites such as =
blacksun.box.sk,=20
New Order and Astalavista. Seems the hacker elite all use Linux or Unix=20
OS's...hmmm...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>cheers</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Paul</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>ps Duncan: I was the grey haired newbie =
sitting=20
down the front if you are looking for names.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>pps&nbsp;I noticed a biker in the =
group. What do=20
you ride?&nbsp;I run a Honda Hornet a Yam XJ 900 and I have a Bonnie =
T140E (in=20
bits).</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C319AF.C08C57A0--