[dundee] re: Xandros installation complete - some Q's

Keir Lawson dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Wed May 14 16:39:00 2003

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Paul Mitchell wrote:<br>
meeting of the TLUG. </font></div>
went in like clockwork on a seperate partition. Recognised all
hardware and installed all the necessary drivers from its own
database. GUI is cool and I am 100% sold, even though I am using the
newbie version of Linux.</font></div>
although I have an NVidia graphics card installed in an expansion
slot. How do I switch so that the seperate graphics card kicks in? At
present,&nbsp;I have set the onboard graphics to draw 8 Megs of RAM but the
card runs at 64 Megs. Consequently, I would prefer to use the card. I
suppose I could up the amount of RAM the onboard graphics uses but the
card is way better.</font></div>
connection simply requires me to configure Mozilla to my existing
settings which I have done many times before; e-mail client ditto. How
do I create an icon to access the e-mail client on the desktop? Or do
I simply open Mozilla and navigate from there?</font></div>
blacksun.box.sk, New Order and Astalavista. Seems the hacker elite all
use Linux or Unix OS's...hmmm...</font></div>
newbie sitting down the front if you are looking for names.</font></div>
What do you ride?&nbsp;I run a Honda Hornet a Yam XJ 900 and I have a
Bonnie T140E (in bits).</font></div>
Which desktop are you using (GNOME/KDE/dont know(KDE is defualt for
Xandros))?<br>
There is probally a Xandros wizard to help you set up your internet
connection. if not its not mozilla that handles your internet
connections its your dialup program.&nbsp; if you cant find a wizard or such
like to do it for you the find the program called kppp.&nbsp; its relativley
easy to configure and is the most reliable dialup client ive seen for
linux (still cant get wvdial or gnome ppp to work). <br>
keir<br>